Pet Dental Care in Baltimore MD
Pet dental care is important for pets in Baltimore MD! At Belvedere Veterinary Center, we recommend that every pet see the veterinarian for a dental examination at least once annually. Many pets need annual dental cleanings as well. We provide pets with diagnosis and treatment of dental problems like periodontal disease and cavities. Pets need to see the veterinary dentist at least once annually starting from a young age.
Symptoms of Pet Dental Disease
We recommend inspecting your pet's teeth on a regular basis. Bring your pet in if he or she displays symptoms of dental disease. Symptoms include:
- Bleeding gums.
- Red, inflamed gums.
- Stained teeth and gums.
- Bad breath.
- Loose or cracked teeth.
- Missing teeth.
- Difficulty eating or reluctance to eat.
Pet Dental Services in Baltimore
At Belvedere Veterinary Center, we provide a range of pet dental services to our patients, including:
- Dental exams. Every dental exam starts with anesthesia to keep your pet calm and safe. When your pet is ready, we'll examine your pet for signs of plaque buildup, periodontal disease, cavities and infection. X-rays help us identify problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Dental cleaning. We'll remove the plaque from your pet's teeth. During the dental cleaning, we'll polish your pet's tooth enamel. Doing this helps prevent food from sticking to your pet's teeth after he or she eats. During dental cleanings, we administer anesthesia to help your pet stay relaxed and calm. This helps keep your pet and the veterinarian safe.
- Tooth extractions. Tooth extractions are sometimes necessary when a pet's tooth becomes infected. Our extractions are safe and efficient, so your pet can quickly get back to normal after the procedure is finished.
Benefits of Pet Dental Care
There are many benefits of pet dental care, including:
- Better breath. Pets who have healthy teeth and gums often have better breath than pets who don't. This makes it easier to enjoy time spent with your pet.
- Fewer cavities. Bringing your pet in to the veterinary clinic for dental cleanings at least once annually helps your pet avoid problems like cavities and periodontal disease.
- Improved quality of life. Pets who have healthier teeth often enjoy fewer tooth aches and better quality of life overall.
Pet Dental Care At Home
At Belvedere Veterinary Center, we recommend brushing your pet's teeth on a nightly basis. If you have questions about the best ways to clean your pet's teeth, come in for a consultation. We can show you what tools to use and how to train your pet to accept tooth brushing.
Contact Your Pet's Veterinarian in Baltimore MD
We're happy to help pets in need of quality dental care! To make an appointment at Belvedere Veterinary Center, contact us today at (410) 999-3300.