We Practice Fear Free Care in Baltimore, MD
Belvedere Veterinary Center is committed to making visits to the vet more relaxing for pets and their loving owners. Stress and anxiety can prevent dogs and cats from getting the treatment they need, whether it’s a routine wellness exam or medical care for an acute or chronic illness. That's why our hospital in Baltimore, MD provides Fear Free pet care. We take steps to minimize fearfulness, anxiety, and stress in patients so they can enjoy their visit and receive essential care to help them stay healthy. And when pets are happy and healthy, their owners are happy too!
See the difference Fear Free makes. Schedule an appointment with us today!
Why Our Team is Fear Free
Reducing pet stress is the primary goal of being Fear Free Certified Professionals, but the end result we hope to achieve is better overall health for all our canine and feline patients. Fear, stress, and anxiety are obstacles to quality care and good health for pets but Fear Free can lower these obstacles.
At Belvedere Veterinary Center, providing Fear Free care is a no-brainer for us. It means working to the best of our ability to give your pet the best treatment under all circumstances and living up to the trust you place in our team.
Fear Free Techniques We Use
Our vets and staff took on extensive training to implement and normalize Fear Free techniques in our hospital. Some of these techniques include:
- Gentle handling and restraint techniques
- Continuity of care—your pet always stays with the same team members during their appointment
- Artificial pheromone diffusers placed in exam rooms
- Prescribing safe, effective anti-anxiety medication as needed
- Taking more time with our patients so they can acclimate to the new sights, sounds, and smells
- Rescheduling an appointment to prevent further stress to the pet
- Being able to read anxiety cues in pets and addressing/removing anxiety triggers
- Providing treats as a pleasant distraction during treatment
Learn More About Fear Free
Fear Free is a major initiative that more and more practices are adopting to make vet visits less stressful for pets and people. Visit the Fear Free website for more information and learn how to adopt Fear Free techniques at home!
We also invite you to call us at (410) 999-3300 if you want to know more about what to expect from our Fear Free team.