Offering Personalized Pet Exams for Dogs and Cats in Baltimore, MD
Pet wellness exams cover many aspects of treatment and are an important part of keeping your pet happy and healthy. At Belvedere Veterinary Center, we provide high quality care with exams that are specific to the distinct needs of each pet, depending on age and lifestyle. These exams allow us to stay informed about your pet’s health so we can provide any necessary treatment or prevention and keep you in the know as well.
Schedule a pet exam at Belvedere Veterinary Center today!
Why Are Pet Exams So Important?
There’s a lot that falls under pet wellness care, but at their core, these exams help to keep you informed about your pet’s health and allow our team to find and treat any underlying conditions. Healthy pets should see us for their wellness check at least once a year, and senior pets and/or pets with chronic illness should, ideally, see us every 6 months so we can monitor their health more closely.
Dogs and cats age about 5-6 years in 1 human year, so keeping an eye on their health is important to maintain their quality of life. Regardless of age, size, breed, and lifestyle, all pets can benefit from these exams, which include:
- A nose-to-tail examination that includes checking the heart, lungs, eyes, ears, teeth, skin, and coat
- Parasite testing, including blood and fecal tests
- Monitoring their weight and examining their joints for signs of stress as well as considering weight management options if needed
- Discussing any nutritional/dietary concerns you may have
- Treating any ongoing conditions, if diagnosed, and discussing treatment options
- Answering any questions you may have about your pet’s health and reviewing the benefits of microchipping
Stay on Top of Your Pet’s Care—Schedule Their Next Exam with Us
It is in our pets’ nature to hide their symptoms and they may otherwise seem fine. When you bring your pet in for routine exams, our team can check for any changes and hopefully give your companion a definitive clean bill of health. Pet exams are key to helping you maintain their good health and quality of life for as many years as possible. Get in touch with our team at Belvedere Veterinary Center to schedule your pet’s next wellness exam. We look forward to seeing you both!