Offering Spay and Neuter Surgeries and More in Baltimore, MD
How We Make Pet Surgery as Safe & Stress-Free as Possible
Your pet is in skilled and caring hands with us. Our Fear Free-certified team members will help to put your pet at ease before their surgery, and will be waiting nearby after surgery so when your pet awakens from the anesthesia, they’ll see familiar, friendly faces.
Before, during, and after pet surgery, we take the following measures to increase safety and ensure minimal discomfort:
- Our first important step is to examine your pet and perform pre-surgical blood work to assess their organ function
- We tailor your pet’s anesthesia according to their age, health history, size, and breed
- Your pet is monitored by dedicated staff throughout the entire procedure, with high-end equipment measuring heart rate, oxygen levels, blood pressure, and other vitals
- Thorough, personalized pain management is provided to minimize discomfort (we will also provide oral medication for you to give your pet at home)
Types of Pet Surgeries Provided at Our Hospital
Belvedere Veterinary Center’s vets are skilled in performing a variety of soft-tissue and oral surgeries to improve the lives of dogs and cats. These include:
- Spay surgeries for female dogs and cats
- Neuter surgeries for male dogs and cats
- Mass removals (tumors, cysts, fatty lumps)
- Teeth cleanings and dental radiographs
- Tooth extractions (if needed)
Why are Spay and Neuter Surgeries Important?
Spay and neuter surgeries play a key role in your pet’s health. They can help to reduce/prevent the risk of mammary gland tumors and ovarian and uterine cancers in females, and prostate cancer and testicular cancer in males. Certain disruptive, hormone-driven behaviors such as vocalizing, mounting, roaming, and urine spraying can also be curtailed with spay and neuter surgery at our Baltimore hospital.